Day 2. Blue Bus - Muswellbrook to Wallabadah

After a cozy sleep, the Blue Bus team rose early to prepare for our first service project. Greeted by bacon and eggs, we quickly packed our things, loaded the bus and got our warm-up activities running.

By 8:30 we'd been split into teams, working in the garden and painting a dining hall at the PCYC and cleaning and sanitising toys and replacing a garden at the local preschool. All 60 hands launched into it with aplomb and worked non-stop until morning tea, where freshly baked scones and cookies awaited the Team. After a short break, it was straight back into it for a few more hours work until a barbecue lunch to wrap up our days work.


We had a short presentation with the manager of the PCYC, Dee, who was extremely grateful for the effort we put in a what we achieved. She said that "this is the first Sunday ever that I've really wanted to come to work - your positive attitudes and your singing, dancing and laughing really brightened the place up".

After bidding farewell to Muswellbrook, we hit the road for our second stop - Wallabadah. We arrived to cooler temperatures but an equally warm welcome from our host Nikki. We unpacked the bus and warmed up with a game of no-rulez basketball (aka there is a rule if Steph says there is a rule), and we rolled on down to the town hall where we were re-united with the White Bus for a delicious home-cooked dinner. The pumpkin soup, apricot chicken and beef stew were truly delicious and welcomed by hungry bellies on both buses.


We caught with our long-lost friends (of two days…) and indulged in some stargazing, guided by local astronomers who brought their telescopes for us to use. We spotted saturn and it's rings as well as shooting stars - the perfect sight to end the night. Again we said "adios" to our White amigos and wrapped up the evening with a few final activities and the announcement of our photo challenge winners - Pip's team and Pawel's team.

circle game.JPG

It was a great second day for the Big Lift Blue Bus :)